you are apparently visitor number


Individual reloads - no secrets!

lørdag den 23. oktober 2010

First Commission

I've been scouting for gigs for two months. I have a pretty neat portfolio to show possible clients. I've had no luck at all. But I got in contact with a guy at a party some weeks ago, and because of his farthers great relationship to my farther he trusted me enough to put me in contact with an agent of some sorts who had a possible thing for me to do, and apparently well paid. VERY WELL PAID. I mean 25.000 USD for a poster which supposedly had a spot not on Times Square but close. This seemed too good to be true - even though I had no idea what it was at that moment.
Anyway - I had a meating over skype with the agent who told me about the the gig. I realized that my friend at the party must have pulled some strings, and I'm puzzled how anyone could pull such a thing out of the pants.
The agent assured me that I would get paid, but they had to collect from other artists as well, so 1.500 USD for the preliminary work, and 23.500 USD if my poster commercial was selected.
This is what I ended up printing out of my pixma, enveloping and shipping it off to the agent. They'll get back to me when they've decided.

As you can see its for the soda company coca cola. They make great drinks, and I like their wavy logo, so I thought it put that in as well. The slogan is about the drink and the company being awesome. Also the hand showing the sign of the devil caters directly to the youth. They'd love stuff like thiS!

- I've acuired a great portfolio which will no doubt impress possible clients. Then I'll draw the commissions in my style and I will make the clients understand how cool this style is. Jsut imagine this hanging somewhere really cool, where you normally see extremely pew pew pretty stuff.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

stalkerS